- Origin: United States
- Primary Use: Bittering
- Height: Tall
- Also Known As: CTZ
- Flavour Description: Its aroma profile has been described as Citrus, Dank, Earthy & Woody
- Beer Style Guide: IPA, American Pale Ale, Stout, Barleywine & Lager.
- Season Maturity: Mid Season
- Ease of Harvest:
- Typical Yield: 2690-3365 kg/hectares
- Wilt Sensitivity: Unknown
- Powdery Mildew Resistance: Resistant
- Downy Mildew Resistance: Unknown
- Hop Mosaic Virus Sensitivity: Unknown
Bare root hop plants are available from late November until early April. Dates will vary depending on the weather and ground conditions however, we hope to start lifting from the field by November 1st.
The best time to transplant hop plants lies during this period whilst the plant is dormant.
Plants in 2 Litre pots are available from May until September.
Free shipping on all UK orders over £30. If you are interested in placing an order for overseas, please enquire by clicking here.
Aptly named after the god of lightning and thunder, proprietary American hybrid variety Zeus is a high yielding hop with a pleasant aroma noted for its pungent hoppy “kick” and spicy, herbal flavour and aroma. Though it is sometimes considered identical to Columbus and Tomahawk®, or CTZ as they are sometimes sold, it has been identified as being genetically distinct from these two varieties. It does share remarkable similarities to both however. Though the exact parentage of Zeus has not been identified it is suspected to have been derived from Brewers Gold.